|Circular: Forty-fifth Amartithi of Beloved Avatar Meher Baba|
|Telegram: “MEHERBABA” Ahmednagar Telephone No.2343666/2347093 Ahmednagar|
|AVATAR MEHER BABA
PERPETUAL PUBLIC CHARITABLE TRUST
KING’S ROAD, POST BAG NO. 31,
AHMEDNAGAR, (M.S.) 414 001
|V. S. KALCHURI
|15th Oct. 2013|
Dear Sisters and Brothers in Beloved Avatar Meher Baba,
The forty-fifth Amartithi of Beloved Avatar Meher Baba falls on Friday, 31st January, 2014. For this sacred occasion it is expected that pilgrims from all over India and around the world will be visiting the Tomb-Shrine of Avatar Meher Baba at Meherabad Hill, Ahmednagar (M.S.) India to take part in the Educational Gathering. The observance of the forty-fifth Amartithi (Anniversary of Avatar Meher Baba’s Darshan) will be for two days, i.e. 30th January morning to noon of 1st February, 2014. The main function, as usual, will be on 31st January, 2014.
Observation of Silence from 12 noon to 12:15 pm on 31st January at Beloved Avatar Meher Baba’s Samadhi is the most significant event during Amartithi Days. It has been observed that some pilgrims, who may be new to Beloved Baba, are not aware of this and instead visit different places at Meherabad during this time. It is therefore important that all Centres impress upon Baba lovers the importance of this programme so that they will be in attendance at the Samadhi during the observance of silence.
By Beloved Baba’s grace, it will be made possible for pilgrims visiting the Tomb-Shrine of Beloved Avatar Meher Baba, for the forty-fifth Amartithi, to stay at the Meherabad Estate from 8:00 a.m. of 30th January to 12 noon of 1st February, 2014.
ATTENTION Darshan of Beloved Avatar Meher Baba will be available inside the Tomb-Shrine through a regulated queue designated specifically for this occasion. However, due to the influx of pilgrims during Amartithi, it is requested for the benefit of all that pilgrims take the least time possible for darshan and to take darshan only once on 31st January, 2014.
QUEUE TOKEN SYSTEM We are continuing our Queue Token System. After collecting a single token with a number on it, each Pilgrim will be free to move about until the number on his/her token is announced and displayed on the signboards. THE PILGRIMS SHOULD JOIN THE QUEUE WHEN THEIR NUMBER IS DISPLAYED. Please be alert because if your number has passed through the Darshan line and the next higher number has also passed, you will miss your turn and will require a new token.
A) REGARDING ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE: Please note: 1) Pilgrims should not arrive at Meherabad before 8:00 a.m., on 30th January, 2014, and should leave Meherabad by 12 noon, on 1st February, 2014. 2) There will be stalls selling light refreshment and meals at Lower Meherabad, New Site and Upper Meherabad till early afternoon on 1st February, 2014. 3) There will be separate lodging arrangements for men and for women at Meherabad as usual. Pilgrims are reminded that they should continue to abide by Beloved Baba’s wishes, as expressed by Him in the 1958 Sahavas, that men and women pilgrims should stay in their own quarters and not visit, enter, or rest in each others quarters. Pilgrims should lovingly cooperate with the Man- agement in this matter and the Management reserves the right to caution any pilgrim who fails to abide by Beloved Baba’s wishes as mentioned above. 4) Pilgrims are requested to bring warm clothes, blankets, bedding with mattress, and flashlights (torch). The quarters for men and women are separate; so to avoid confusion it is advised that men and women of the same family pack separate bags, and bundle their bedding rolls separately BEFORE their arrival at Meherabad. 5) Meherabad Management requests pilgrims to use water very spar- ingly. Hot water for bathing will be provided from 11:00 p.m., 30th January to 7:00 a.m., 31st January. 6) Pilgrims in the close vicinity of the Samadhi are requested to do their utmost to maintain the sanctity of the Tomb-Shrine.
B) REGARDING LODGING ARRANGEMENTS: Please note:
1) In order to make it easier for pilgrims who wish to be accommo- dated at Meherabad for the Educational Gathering, the Trust will receive such requests directly.
2) Pilgrims who wish to be accommodated at Meherabad for the Educational Gathering must send an amount of Rs. 50/- per per- son for lodging arrangements directly to the Trust. Children be- low 7 years of age will not be charged for lodging. Such amounts are called “AMARTITHI DONATIONS,” and they must be sent to the Trust as follows: AMARTITHI DONATIONS Avatar Meher Baba P.P.C.Trust King’s Road, Post Bag No.31, Ahmednagar, M. S. 414 001.
Please DO NOT forward Amartithi Donations to the Meherabad Office.
3) Many of our centers have complained that the post office are not ready to mention MEN & WOMEN in their message to Ahmednagar Post Office. As such you are now requested to send your Money Order as under:- Name: Rajendra Meher 2M 2W Address:——– We will then register 2 MEN AND 2 WOMEN in your name. Also please write your mobile number.
4) Pilgrims will be accommodated at Meherabad during Amartithi days only if the words “AMARTITHI DONATIONS” are mentioned on the Money Order Coupons. The pilgrims must also mention the number of men, women and children (7 years and above) attending Amartithi.
5) A Bank Draft (D.D.) to A.M.B.P.P.C.T. can be accepted provided a separate letter is sent along with it, clearly giving the details of the number of men, women and children and the letter must mention the purpose as “AMARTITHI DONATIONS”.
IMPORTANT: These lodging requests have to be earmarked as “AMARTITHI DONATIONS”, otherwise such amounts will be considered as donations to the Trust and the sender will NOT have lodging accommodations at Meherabad. Please note that the Trust will not post separate receipts to pilgrims for the special Amartithi Donations received through Money Orders. Instead, Money Order Acknowledgements will be sent which will bear the serial numbers of Entry Tokens. Pilgrims must bring these M.O. Acknowledgements with them when they come. However, money received through Demand Draft will be acknowledged by the Trust through a Receipt, bearing the Entry Token serial numbers.
6) Pilgrims are requested to be very particular to give their full names and addresses in BLOCK LETTERS on the Money Order Coupons. They must also REMEMBER to bring to Meherabad the Money Order Acknowledgement Receipt or M.O. receipt if our acknowledgement is not received or the receipt from the Trust giving the serial number of their Entry Tokens. This will entitle them to receive ENTRY TOKENS for their lodging from the Trust at the Enquiry Office or Sub-Enquiry Office upon their arrival at Meherabad on 30th January, 2014.
7) AMARTITHI DONATIONS must not be sent later than 7th January, 2014. Money Orders and bank drafts sent to the Trust as AMARTITHI DONATIONS after this date will NOT be accepted and will be returned to the senders, as these late requests cause much inconvenience to the Meherabad Management and to the pilgrims themselves.
8) The Trust will have a separate cell (Amartithi Donations account) for Amartithi Arrangements. This cell will receive the above mentioned donations. Please note that the donation of Rs. 50/- per person does not meet the entire expenditure for the lodging arrangements for a pilgrim. Therefore, the Trust always subsidizes the balance of the lodging expenditure, which includes the expenditure for electricity, preparation of grounds, tarpaulins, water supply, and other expenses, in order to provide facilities for the pilgrims. In addition to this, the Trust provides facilities for the Gathering at Upper Meherabad. The pilgrims pay Rs. 50/- per person for the roof shelter only, and not for the other facilities provided. Please note that those who register at the Enquiry Office on the 30th or 31st, and not before, will have to pay Rs. 50/- extra towards Amartithi Donations. (Total Rs. 100/-)
9) The NEW SITE at Upper Meherabad: This site with the facility of tents, bathrooms, toilets and parking will be available for groups of pilgrims who wish to cook their own food. This New Site is at Upper Meherabad not too far from the Samadhi. Kitchens will be erected on this site only. Therefore, groups who wish to cook their own food in the kitchens must accordingly inform Trustee Shri Jal P. Dastoor, c/o Avatar Meher Baba P.P.C. Trust, King’s Road, Post Bag No.31, Ahmednagar (M.S.) 414 001 through letters which Jal must receive by the last week of December 2013. Also, when these kitchen-groups of pilgrims send their money to the Trust (and not to Jal Dastoor) for their lodging, they must make special mention that they wish to lodge at the New Site. Special Entry Tokens will be prepared for such pilgrims, and upon their arrival at Meherabad they will have to collect Special Entry Tokens and Kitchen Number only from the Sub-Enquiry Office at the New Site.
10) During Amartithi, in spite of police and security arrangements, some thefts do occur. Therefore, pilgrims are cautioned to be very careful with their valuables, especially of their purses, pouches, cameras and other items carried by hand specially so while going for the bath. At no time should these be left in a public area unattended. For their safety, pilgrims are asked to wear their Entry Tokens at all times and volunteers are deputed to inquire of anyone seen without a token.
11) The mattress Contractor is able to rent a limited number of mattresses at the rate of Rs. 50/- per mattress for the entire period. To ensure having a mattress, pilgrims are requested to send a Money Order to the Contractor in advance to reserve the mattresses: Mrs. Usha Ashok Shete, Bungalow No.93, Ushahkal, Anandnagar, Gulmohor Road Savedi, AHMEDNAGAR – 414 003 (M.S.) The Money Order Acknowledgement received from the Contractor must be brought by the Pilgrims to receive the mattress. In addition to the hire charges of Rs. 50/- per mattress, the Contractor will collect Rs. 50/- as deposit per mattress at the time of issuing the mattress. The deposit will be refunded when the mattresses are returned to the Contractor.
NOTE: DO NOT send hire charges for mattresses to the Avatar Meher Baba P.P.C. Trust. Send to the Trust only “AMARTITHI DONATIONS” for accommodation and NOT for mattresses.
12) Pilgrims are requested that before they leave their Tents/Hostels for the programme on the Hill on 1st February morning, they must deposit all their luggage at Hostel B for Lower Meherabad pilgrims and Tent F for New Site pilgrims without fail and collect the same before their departure. On 1st February, the Amartithi programme will definitely close by 1 pm so that the pilgrims can leave Meherabad. Only those performances which are listed on the 1st February Programme will be allowed. No one should insist on any extra singing,etc.
C) REGARDING BOARDING ARRANGEMENTS: Please Note: 1) There will be stalls erected by local vendors at Lower and Upper Meherabad where pilgrims can purchase light refreshment and meals during their stay at Meherabad.
D) REGARDING TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS: Please Note: There is now a second S.T. Bus Stand in the Tarakpur area of Ahmednagar, However, Pilgrims should alight at City Bus Stand.
1) State Transport authorities will be requested to ply their buses from Ahmednagar Railway Station and S.T. Bus Stand to and from Meherabad at fixed hours on 30th and 31st January, 2014 and on 1st February, 2014.
2) Volunteers wearing Baba badges will be at the Railway Station and Bus Stand to guide pilgrims visiting Meherabad.
3) ON Thursday 30TH JANUARY, 2014: A) State Transport Buses will go to Meherabad from the Ahmednagar Railway Station from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., according to train timings. B) Extra State Transport buses will go to Meherabad from the S.T. Bus Stand from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Pilgrims arriving before 7:00 a.m. may take a regular S.T. Bus to Meherabad (Arangaon).
4) ON Friday 31ST JANUARY, 2014: A) State Transport buses will go to Meherabad from the S.T. Bus Stand via Ahmednagar Railway Station from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. B) Return Journey: Extra State Transport buses will go from Meherabad to Ahmednagar Railway Station and S.T. Bus Stand from 12:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on 31st January, 2014.
5) ON Saturday 1ST FEBRUARY, 2014: Extra State Transport buses will go from Meherabad to Ahmednagar (Railway Station and S.T. Bus Stand) from 5:30 a.m. onwards.
6) Pilgrims arriving from outstations by special buses, or by private cars, or by hired taxis are requested not to take their vehicles up Meherabad Hill. Vehicles should be parked only in the parking zone at the New Site or Lower Meherabad. Washing of vehicles at Meherabad is prohibited; drivers and cleaners should be instructed accordingly by the parties concerned. This should be strictly observed.
7) Please note that Entry Permits for buses must be obtained before departure by those coming into Maharashtra State by special buses from other states.
8) MEHERAZAD WILL BE CLOSED JANUARY 26TH THROUGH FEBRUARY 5th. THIS INCLUDES ALL AMARTITHI DAYS (30th January through 1st February). Hence pilgrims should NOT visit Meherazad during these days for any purpose whatsoever, whether by public bus, private bus, car or rickshaw. Meherazad will reopen for pilgrims on Thursday 6th February, 2014. Facilities at Dharamshala and Hostels will be closed from 25th January to 3RD February, 2014.
|PLACE: The holy Tomb-Shrine of Avatar Meher Baba on Meherabad Hill, Ahmednagar (M.S.) India.|
|Thursday 30th January, 2014|
|8:00 a.m. onwards||Arrival of Meher Pilgrims at Lower Meherabad; Darshan and Prasad at Tomb.|
|2:00 p.m. onwards||Prem-Meelan on Hill.|
|4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.||Bhajans, dance and drama.|
|7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.||Film of Avatar Meher Baba or special programme on the Hill.|
|8:00 p.m.||RECESS for meals down the Hill.|
|10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.||Sahavas on the Hill.|
|Friday 31st January, 2014|
|7:00 a.m.||Lighting of the Dhuni.|
|8:00 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.||All pilgrims assemble on the Hill. Prem-Meelan of pilgrims and singing by bhajan mandali of different Meher Centres.|
|10:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.||Talk about the Trust activities.|
|11:00 a.m. to 11:10 a.m.||Welcome address by the Chairman|
|11:10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.||Singing by bhajan mandali of different Meher Centres.|
|11:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.||Announcements|
|11:45 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.||Playing Tape of “Begin the Beguine”|
|11:50 a.m. to 12 noon||Meher Dhoon|
|11:55 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.||Darshan at the Tomb stopped.|
|12 noon to 12:15 p.m.||All present to observe complete silence.|
|12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.||The Master’s and Repentance Prayers in different languages followed by Arti. Darshan resumes from 12:15 p.m.|
|1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.||Songs and bhajans on the Hill.|
|1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.||RECESS for meals down the Hill.|
|10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.||Sahavas on the Hill. Additional programmes on the Hill.|
|Saturday 1st February,|
|7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.||Bhajans on the Hill. Darshan continues. Programme ends with Arti. Prepare for departure|
E) DISTRIBUTION OF PRASAD AT SAMADHI ON 31ST JANUARY
On 31st January Samadhi management faces acute problem of distribution of cooked Prasad such as lemon rice, sheera (sweet rava) and other cooked items. Hence no cooked Prasad BUT ONLY WRAPPED DRY PRASAD WILL BE ALLOWED to be distributed near the Samadhi.
All centers and individual desirous of distribution of Prasad will have to apply in advance to brother Shridhar Kelkar advising what kind of dry Prasad they wish to distribute. Brother Shridhar Kelkar will advise time slot for distribution of Prasad so that the Prasad is evenly distributed during the entire day. PLEASE NOTE THAT LAST MINUTE REQUESTS ON THE AMARTITHI DAY WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
NOTE: Bhajan mandali of different Meher Centres and Western pilgrims having singing and other programmes to present for the forty-fifth Amartithi occasion should write only to Shri. Mehernath B. Kalchuri,Trustee, c/o Avatar Meher Baba P.P.C. Trust, King’s Road, Post Bag 31, Ahmednagar (M.S.) 414 001 India by 31st December, 2013. The requests will be accommodated time permitting, within the hours allotted for programmes. It will not be possible to accede to late requests on arrival. Please confirm your programme with Shri. Mehernath B. Kalchuri upon your arrival at Meherabad.
|ALL ARE HEARTILY WELCOME TO ATTEND
AVATAR MEHER BABA’S FORTY-FIFTH AMARTITHI
FUNCTION ON MEHERABAD HILL
|Please pass on the above information of the Amartithi programme to all the lovers of Avatar Meher Baba in your area.|
|JAI AVATAR MEHER BABA !!!|
IN AVATAR MEHER BABA’S SERVICE,
(V.S. KALCHURI) CHAIRMAN
NOTE: There is no need for any correspondence with the Trust Office on the subject of Amartithi programme and arrangements.
FROM: AVATAR MEHER BABA
PERPETUAL PUBLIC CHARITABLE TRUST
King’s Road, Post Bag 31,
Ahmednagar 414 001 (Maharashtra State) India.
|BOOK – POST [PRINTED BOOKLET] Forty-fifth Amartithi.|
PLEASE WRITE THE TRUST WITH ANY CHANGES TO BE MADE IN YOUR ADDRESS
source: ambppct.org –AVATAR MEHER BABA
PERPETUAL PUBLIC CHARITABLE TRUST
King’s Road, Post Bag 31,
Ahmednagar 414 001 (Maharashtra State) India